news you never want to hear…

On friday, we received the news a family never thinks possible, ” Your son Kaedyn has leukemia.”

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

About these ads

29 responses to this post.

1. We are so praying guys. Keep us in the loop.
    Scott Lee

2. Posted by Amanda Hager on August 14, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Hey girl, I am so sorry to hear about Kaedyn! If there is anything you need or that we can do please let me know. Praying for you guys! Just so you know this is Amanda Fluckinger, thought the Hager might throw you off. :-)

3. Posted by Christina on August 14, 2010 at 10:32 pm

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay Strong.

4. Posted by joleana johnson on August 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Hello, I am a friend of Cassidy ballard Nocak. I am so sorry to hear about your son. I will keep him in my prayers and I will try and give what I can. God Bless.

5. Posted by Leighton (Okus) Mims on August 14, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Hi Shelsie- I am so sorry to hear such devastating news. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. I know that God can do miraculous things, and I pray that he works a miracle for your precious little boy.

6. Shels- I love you so much! I am saying lots of prayers for you guys and Kaedyn. I will be thinking about you and I am here for you through this entire journey. You call me any moment that you need me.

7. Posted by Brooke Loftis on August 15, 2010 at 12:39 am

Your sweet baby boy is in my thoughts and prayers! Our family is praying for your family!!

8. Posted by Kara Muldrow Crawford on August 15, 2010 at 1:19 am

Shels~ I want you to know that we are praying for Kaedyn and your family. I cannot imagine the pain and confusion that you are facing right now. But I know and you know that GOD IS GOOD and He CAN and WILL show you His wonderful love and mercy through this horrible time… remember to cling to Him… please know that I am here for you no matter what the need is…. I love you!

9. Posted by Amy Meskimen on August 15, 2010 at 1:24 am

May God lay his healing hands on your family. Your beautiful boy is in our prayers.
    -Amy (Rohrbacher) Meskimen

10. Posted by Ginger on August 15, 2010 at 1:52 am

We love you guys and you are all in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Our God is a God of hope! We are lifting you all up in prayer!

11. Posted by Betsy Pusateri on August 15, 2010 at 2:01 am

I am so sorry to hear the news. You guys are in my prayers. Don’t know what I can do here in SC but if there is please don’t hesitate to ask. Miss you girl!

12. Posted by candice on August 15, 2010 at 2:05 am

praying for you and your family!! will donate what i can! always candice, shawn and BOYS…xoxoxo

13. Posted by Tiffany Denton on August 15, 2010 at 2:10 am

Nic & Shels We are so sorry to hear about Kaedyn!! Please know your family is in our thoughts and prayers!!!!
    Robbie & Tiffany Denton

14. Posted by Pattie Groenewoud Stanley on August 15, 2010 at 2:39 am

Shels this is Ms. “G” now married. Our family is keeping you and your loved ones up in prayers. I have put the word out about needing blood, too.

15. Posted by Robin Shepherd Tighe on August 15, 2010 at 3:09 am

Shelsie, I cannot imagine what you are going through right now, but please know we are praying for Kaedyn and you all. You have an Army of christians praying for him and God will hear them!

16. Posted by The Manning Family on August 15, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Shelsie, your lil Kaedyn is very precious! My prayers go out to you and your family! I’m sure this is a very tough time for all of you now but please know that we are here for you! We are thinking about you and Kaedyn!!! Stay strong and always know that your strength lays with the lord… We love you guys and hope everything works out for the best!! May the lord be with you.. Love you always “The Manning Family”

17. Posted by Melissa (Tony) Stires on August 15, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Dear Shelsie and family, Please know that my family and I will be praying for Kaedyn and your family during this time. I pray right now that the peace of God encompasses you all and carries you through this time. Much love and prayers for you. Love, Melissa

18. Posted by tresie shultz on August 15, 2010 at 5:53 pm

dear family, we were so sorry to hear about your precious little boy. we know GOD will take care of him in every way. we keep you in constant prayer and close to our hearts! please give those grandparents a hug for me too. love to all.

19. Posted by Vanessa French on August 15, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Shelsie.. Gary and I are extremely sad of what we have heard about your little boy. I will be going tomorrow to donate my blood for your son. I’m sure he is a fighter like you are … But out prayers and thoughts go out to you, him and your family. Stay strong mama..

20. Posted by savannah on August 15, 2010 at 7:43 pm

sorry to hear this and ill miss my cousin so much i wish i could meet him uncle nik nak pray for him every night got it ill pray for him to

21. Posted by Lisa Meierhenry Wine on August 15, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Shelsie- I am very sorry to hear about your news. You are definitely in the right place. Shands is on the cutting edge of technology and if anyone can help Kaedyn it is them. I pray right at this moment for HEALING, Strength, courage, and wisdom. “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future” Jeremiah 29:11. God Bless you and your family.

22. Posted by Terry Gonnsen on August 15, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Shelsie all things are not good, but all things work for the good to those who love the Lord.
    This is your time of knowing him more than you ever have. He is all about love and he will draw you closer than ever to show it to you at this time. His love is conveyed through the people he brings into your life and If you need anything we are all here for you all. I will pray for you all daily.
    Love you!
    Aunt Terry ( Brittany’s Aunt)

23. Posted by Rachel West on August 15, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Shelsie,
    My mom just gave me the news and I’m completely heart broken. When we came to visit over the summer I was so excited to meet my new baby cousin and I have to say he is the cutest little boy ever! You and Nick have done such a good job so far raising him and He is love by soooo many people. I wish we lived closer so we could be there more for you all but you know you have lots of love and prayers coming your way from good old West Virginia!
    Love You!!
    -Cousin Rachel

24. Posted by natalie camargo on August 16, 2010 at 8:22 pm

I am so sorry to hear what you and your family are going though may god be with you! You are in our thoughts and prayers! The Camargo Family…

25. Posted by Cathy Campbell on August 18, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I am so sorry to hear. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Candy please let me know if there is anything I can do.

26. Posted by DAISY PERALTA on October 1, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I May not know the parents of this adorable child . But my Heart goes out to you and Family 15 years and 5 month ago my niece was told she had Leukimia I cry for about 2 hours before I was able to see my niece. She was 16 weeks pregant and there was no hope for the baby so it was even more sad. Well God could do miricles and we found A great Doctor that not only save the Baby but also save my Niece After A bone marrow transplante Today my niece is the Suppervisor for The Post Office she has been in remission for 13 years her Daughter is 15 years old. I will be praying for your Baby I will share his name so many can pray for him and his family . God Bless

27. Posted by Greg and Jan Wegner on January 16, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Shelsie,
    Jan and I keep you all in our prayers each day. Our hearts are heavy as we learned of Candy’s diagnosis today…and so we lift our hearts in prayer once more and rejoice in knowing that God is so Great and Loving and Merciful and we ask Him for comfort and healing for your family. We will continue our prayers and know that you are in our thoughts. Through Christ’s love.
    Amen.

28. Posted by Daryle Borrows on March 1, 2013 at 7:23 am

My family is standing with yours I have a cancer myself Anaplastic astro cytoma it is life threatening but God is our healer
    and in Him we stand, so don’t give up hope. My wife and I are praying for you and our church, Daryle